Buy Black Garlic Recipe 24 of 101
Black Garlic Herb Butter
Add a knob or 2 of black garlic herb butter to your dishes and they will not only glisten and shine, but add that extra umph to your meals.Meals Made Easy
Making Black Garlic Herb Butter
Buttery Bliss: Black Garlic Herb Infusion in Every Bite.
Butter has a rich, creamy, and slightly nutty flavour that enhances the taste of a wide range of dishes. Chefs often use a small knob of butter as a finishing touch for a dish just before serving. This adds a glossy sheen and a final burst of flavour that can elevate the overall dining experience.
Blending black garlic and herbs into butter adds another layer of flavour. The natural sweetness of black garlic complements the savoury notes of butter, striking a balance that can be used in many applications. This balance can be particularly appealing in recipes where a touch of sweetness and depth of flavour are desired. Together, they can create a luscious, velvety, and spreadable compound that can be used to add that final finish to dishes.
Black Garlic’s delicious path to wellness
Black garlic is a fermented form of garlic that offers several potential health benefits when added to meals. While it shares some of the health benefits of fresh garlic, it also has unique properties due to the fermentation process.
- Antioxidant Properties: Black garlic is rich in antioxidants, particularly a compound called S-allyl-cysteine (SAC). Antioxidants help protect cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals, which can contribute to aging and various diseases.
- Improved Digestion: Black garlic can have a milder flavour compared to fresh garlic, making it easier on the digestive system. It may help with digestive issues and discomfort associated with eating raw garlic.
- Enhanced Nutrient Absorption: Some studies suggest that black garlic can improve the absorption of certain minerals, such as iron and zinc, in the digestive system.
Black Garlic Herb Butter on green veggies
Versatility of black garlic herb butter
Butter aids in the caramelization of foods. This helps create a golden-brown crust on meats, vegetables, and pastries, adding flavour and visual. It can be used in various cooking techniques, such as frying, sauteing and baking.
Adding a knob of black garlic herb butter before serving can enhance the flavour, texture, and richness of a wide range of foods.
- Sautéed or Steamed Vegetables: Butter can add a rich and creamy element to vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, and green beans.
- Mashed Potatoes: The classic addition of butter to mashed potatoes makes them creamy and flavourful. Adding black garlic and herbs to mashed potatoes transforms them from dull and bland to delicious.
- Grilled Meats: A slice of black garlic herb butter on a hot grilled steak or chicken breast can add a delicious finishing touch.
- Pasta: Tossing hot pasta with black garlic herb butter creates a simple and satisfying sauce.
- Corn on the Cob: It is hard to beat corn on the cob served with a slather of butter for added flavour and moisture.
- Fresh Bread: Warm, crusty bread with a spread of butter is a classic accompaniment to many meals.
Black Garlic Herb Butter
Black Garlic Herb Butter
- mixing bowl
- sharp knife
- parchment paper or baking paoer
- 1 griddle pan or saute pan
- 100 gm butter chopped into cubes
- 3 or 4 black garlic cloves finely chopped with a wet knife
- thyme leaves
- chives finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 bunch asparagas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 gms almond slithers lightly toasted
- bring cubed butter to room temperature
- add chopped chives and thyme and mash with a fork until well combined
- add finely diced black garlic cloves and gently work through but do not overwork
- place on a piece of baking paper and make into a sausage shape
- roll up into a log and refridgerate
Green vegetables with black garlic herb butter
- trim asparagas and brocolini and spray with oil
- heat griddle pan then cook the vegetables in batches, approx 3-4 mins each side until nice charring occurs
- remove and arrange on a plate, garnish with toasted almond slithers
- lay slices or knobs of black garlic herb butter on top of greens and serve hot
Black Garlic Herb Butter
Top Tips: Black Garlic Herb Butter Take butter out of the fridge and bring to room temperature. Softening in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water will cause it to have an inconsistent texture. Use any herbs that your have growing in your garden ie dill and lemon zest creates a delightful home-made black garlic herb butter for seafood. Garlic and parsley is a classic combination. Tarragon pairs well with chicken. Heat the griddle pan to ‘hot’ before adding vegetables as this will ensure the veggies will have nice char lines on the stems. Alternatively use a saute pan, but you wont achieve the char lines.
Black Garlic Herb Butter Recipe
How long will herb butter keep?
This will depend on how it is stored:
Refrigeration: If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, garlic herb butter can typically last for about 1 to 2 weeks. Freezing: If you want to extend the storage time, garlic herb butter can be frozen. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminium foil or store it in an airtight container. It can last for several months in the freezer.
Does garlic and herb butter go bad?
Butter can go bad, and there are several signs you can look for to determine its freshness:
- Smell: Fresh butter has a mild, sweet aroma. If your butter develops a rancid or sour smell, it may be an indication that it has gone bad.
- Colour: Butter is typically a pale yellow colour. If you notice any discolouration, such as a darker yellow or brownish tint, it could be a sign that the butter is no longer good.
- Taste: If the butter tastes off, sour, or rancid, it’s a clear sign that it has gone bad.
- Mould: Check for any signs of mould, which may appear as dark spots or discolouration. If you see mould, it’s a definite indication that the butter is no longer safe to eat.
Healthy Green Vegetables waiting for the Black Garlic Herb Butter treatment
What are good vegetable combinations?
Creating flavourful and well-balanced vegetable combinations can enhance the overall taste and nutritional profile of your meals. It is advisable to use vegetables that have similar cooking times. All of the following combinations benefit from the addition of black garlic and herb butter either at the start of the cooking process or as a final flourish at the end.
- Asparagas and brocolini work well together when sautéed or grilled on the BBQ.
- Capsicum, onion, and zucchini are good companions to pan fry.
- Carrot, celery, and onion make an ideal base for soups, stews, and sauces.
- Sweet potato and brussels sprouts create a mix of sweetness and savory flavours when roasted.
Whether spread on a warm baguette or used as a finishing touch to a grilled steak or steamed vegetables, black garlic herb butter does not last long in our fridge. It takes 10 minutes to make, and I sometimes think that is how long it stays in our fridge. Rushed weekday breakfasts of toast or a warm baguette need no further adornment; forget the jam or vegemite.
Where to Buy Black Garlic?
Buy Black Garlic – Shop Online
Fast & Free Shipping Options + Free Gift (when spending over $100)