5 Breakfast Recipes – Enjoy Black Garlic Without Garlic Breath
Raw garlic is not normally considered a breakfast ingredient because of it distinctive odor. However black garlic possess no odor, it’s deliciously sweet making it an unusual yet pleasant ingredient to many breakfast dishes.
1. Capsicum and black garlic relish
Capsicum and black garlic relish
- 3 red capsicum
- 1 tin tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 40 g black garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Remove seeds and membrane from capsicum, peel the onion then dice black garlic cloves, onion & capsicum.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then simmer until vegetables are soft and liquid has reduced and thickened about 40 minutes.
- Pour into clean jars and seal immediately.
- Allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator.
2. Black garlic scrambled eggs
Black garlic scrambled eggs
- 8 eggs
- 3 shallots
- 1 capsicum
- 20 g black garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop shallots, capsicum and black garlic into small pieces.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a small bowl; add a pinch of salt.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on a low heat and pour in eggs.
- As the eggs cook, gently lift and turn a large spoonful at a time.
- Add chopped shallots, capsicum and black garlic cloves.
- Continue turning until eggs are cooked.
- Serve with fresh toast.
3. Scrambled breakfast muffins
Scrambled breakfast muffins
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices bread
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup capsicum and black garlic relish (see previous recipe)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- A pinch of salt, black pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Ginger Powder
- Prepare covered barbecue to a moderate heat.
- Remove crust for bread.
- Butter muffin tray and press 1 slice of bread into each cup.
- Spoon a little capsicum relish into each bread cup.
- Lightly beat eggs and divide mix into six bread cups, top with half a cherry tomato and basil and season with salt, pepper & ginger mix.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
Click here to buy Red Ginger Powder and try it now!
4. Curcumin forte & black garlic porridge with banana
Curcumin forte & black garlic porridge with banana
- Bring the rolled oats, water and milk to the boil – then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the dates, almonds, vanilla, black garlic cloves, curcumin forte & cinnamon – stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve the porridge into individual bowls, top with bananas and equal amounts of yoghurt.
- Eat immediately. If you like extra milk, serve it heated on the side.
5. Borlotti bean, black garlic & tomato ragout
Borlotti bean, black garlic & tomato ragout
- 200 g onions, roughly chopped
- 20 g black garlic cloves, chopped
- 750 g re hydrated borlotti beans
- 500 g low salt, no added sugar, crushed tomatoes
- 750 g salt reduced vegetable stock or water
- 2 small pieces mandarin skin
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns (in brine - not dried)
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Put all these ingredients (except parsley) into a suitable saucepan and simmer for 50 - 60 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Stir the parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve as a savoury breakfast or with barbecue protein dishes.
- Move over canned baked beans… this beautiful recipe can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 7 days.
- These beans develop a harmonious flavour when cooked the day before. You can use canned/cooked beans (which cook more quickly), but dried beans the variety that you soak for at least 6 hours or overnight have a nicer flavour. Strain them (use the water for the pot plants or garden) before use.
- One Cup of these delicious beans are ideal for breakfast or can be a nice side dish to accompany most meals.