Discover the Extraordinary Flavour of Black Garlic Oil
Elevate Your Culinary Creations
Black Garlic Oil
Black garlic oil is a culinary creation that combines the flavour and health benefits of aged black garlic with extra virgin olive oil.
It’s created by delicately infusing Australian extra virgin olive oil with black garlic cloves. The oil absorbs black garlic’s decadent flavour and fragrance, creating a rich and delicious fusion.
Black garlic-infused olive oil can be a healthy and versatile option. It adds depth and complexity to sauces, marinades, dressings and roasted vegetable dishes. Or it can be used as a finishing drizzle over pasta and bread. Its distinct flavour can enhance the overall taste of a dish and provide a gourmet touch to your culinary creations.
What’s Black Garlic? Black garlic is regular garlic that has undergone a fermentation / caramelization process. Resulting in its characteristic dark colour, soft texture, and unique flavour profile. It has a sweet yet savoury taste with hints of molasses and balsamic vinegar.
Black Garlic Oil Uses
Black garlic oil effortlessly transforms dishes, infusing them with a delightful flavour.
Here are some ideas:
- Sautéed Vegetables: Heat a small amount of garlic-infused oil in a pan and toss your favourite vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, or zucchini. Sauté until tender and tasty.
- Salad Dressing: Mix black garlic oil with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt for a simple and delicious dressing. Then drizzle over salads, roasted vegetables, grilled meats or seafood.
- Garlic Bread / Croutons: Brush black garlic oil onto sliced bread, then toast or bake until golden brown.
- Marinated Meats: Pour black garlic oil over meats or seafood and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roasted Potatoes: Toss halved or quartered potatoes with black garlic oil, salt ‘n’ pepper and your choice of herbs. Roast in the oven until golden and crispy.
Black garlic oil has a significantly more refined flavour than regular garlic-infused oil. Use as much or as little as you like in cooking – the only limitation is your imagination.
Black Garlic Oil Benefits
Pros & cons of black garlic oil compared to regular garlic oil?
Black Garlic Oil Benefits – Pros
- Flavour Profile: Black garlic infused extra virgin olive oil has a uniquely sweet, savoury, and slightly tangy flavour with notes of molasses and balsamic vinegar. It offers a more complex yet mellow taste than regular garlic-infused oil.
- Culinary Uses: Black garlic oil adds depth and richness to dishes. It pairs well with roasted vegetables, pasta, marinades, dressings, and dips. Its unique flavour complements both savoury and sweet recipes.
- Antioxidant Content: Black garlic’s aging / fermentation / caramelization process increases its antioxidant content. This means black garlic oil offers higher antioxidant benefits – supporting overall health and well-being.
Black Garlic Oil Benefits – Cons
- Availability and Cost: Black garlic oil is less common and more expensive than white garlic, which may impact accessibility for some.
- Milder Garlic Flavour: While the unique and refined flavour of black garlic is a pro for many, those seeking a strong garlic taste may find it lacking in intensity.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe
Here are 6 Unique, Quick, Easy & DELICIOUS ways to use black garlic oil.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Black Garlic Vinaigrette for green salads
- Mix black garlic oil, balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, a black &/or whitegarlic clove, honey and salt ‘n’ pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk (manual or electric) the ingredients together vigorously until they’re emulsified.
- Taste, then add additional seasonings according to your preference: more vinegar for tanginess, more mustard for a stronger flavour…
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and chop a selection of vegetables into bite-sized pieces (e.g. carrots, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, potatoes and red onions).
- Place the chopped vegetables on a baking sheet. Then drizzle black garlic oil generously over the vegetables and toss to coat them evenly – season with salt, pepper, herbs or spices.
- Roast the vegetables for about 25-30 minutes, or until they’re tender and caramelized, stirring once or twice during cooking.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Classic Caprese Salad
- Slice fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into thick rounds. Then, arrange them on a plate, alternating between tomato and cheese slices.
- Drizzle extra virgin black garlic oil generously over the tomato and cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, salt, and pepper and serve as a refreshing appetizer or side dish.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Black Garlic Marinade for meats, seafood, vegetables or tofu
- Combine black garlic oil, balsamic vinegar, red ginger, black garlic puree, honey and a pinch of salt ‘n’ pepper in a mixing bowl. Then, whisk into a smooth texture.
- Place your choice of protein (such as chicken, beef, tofu, or vegetables) in a resealable plastic bag. Then, pour the marinade into the bag and seal tightly. Press out any excess air, then mix thoroughly – ensuring the contents are coated evenly.
- Put the sealed black garlic marinate bag into the fridge for at least 30 minutes (the longer, the more robust the flavour).
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill, pan, stove or oven.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Pasta
- Cook your favourite pasta in a pot according to taste.
- Drain the water in a sieve, then tip the pasta back into the pot.
- Drizzle black garlic oil over the cooked pasta for a beautiful yet simple flavour and so the pasta doesn’t stick together.
Advanced for garlic lovers…
- Cook your favourite pasta according to taste.
- Fry onion, chilli and white garlic in a pan with black garlic oil (add your choice of protein if desired)
- Then add mushroom, kale, or spinach and cook with a dollop of butter, black garlic puree, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Black Garlic Oil Recipe – Lemon Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, then whisk black garlic oil, sugar, and lemon zest until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with lemon juice, and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional: Dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar or drizzle with a simple lemon glaze made with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Black Garlic Olive Oil Benefits
Choosing olive oil over palm oil offers several taste, health, and environmental benefits.
Taste: Olive oil is renowned for its rich, fruity flavour. When infused with black garlic it offers a unique umami-rich, sweet, and earthy flavour that elevates dishes with a complex and deep taste profile. In contrast, palm oil has a neutral flavour, often used for its cooking properties rather than taste enhancement.
Health: Olive oil is a heart-healthy choice due to its high content of monounsaturated fats, which can lower bad LDL cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It’s also rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Palm oil, however, is high in saturated fats, which can raise cholesterol levels and contribute to heart problems when consumed excessively.
Environment: Olive oil production has a lower environmental impact than palm oil. Olive trees are often grown in diverse agroecosystems, reducing the need for extensive land clearing and limiting biodiversity loss. Palm oil cultivation, conversely, has been linked to deforestation, habitat destruction, and greenhouse gas emissions, making it a less sustainable choice for the environment. Choosing olive oil can contribute to more environmentally friendly food choices.
Buy Black Garlic Oil Today
We’re so confident that you’ll LOVE our Premium Black Garlic Oil, that if you don’t you get it *FREE