BlackGarlic STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE
This BlackGarlic stuffed mushrooms recipe is a great way to enjoy a BBQ, without cooking meat.
Everyone loves a BBQ (it feels like part of our Australian culture), but not everyone enjoys eating meat… In the last 6 month I’ve cut my meat consumption in half & I’m actually surprised how easy it’s been! I think it’s been because I’ve increased my consumption of mushrooms – both culinary and medicinal.
Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Vegans, Vegetarians & Conscious Carnivores can sometimes feel a little out of place standing around a hot BBQ grilling meat (unless you cooking a plant-based alternative). This BlackGarlic stuffed mushroom recipe is a great way to join the BBQ conversation at a party. They are super easy to make & fast to cook – so you can leave quickly if the BBQ convo is shit 🤣🤣
How long should mushrooms be cooked?
Large stuffed mushrooms are best wrapped in aluminium foil & grilled for 5 – 6 mins on each side.
The blend of ingredients used in this video ticks both vegan stuffed mushroom & vegetarian stuffed mushroom boxes.
How do you clean your stuffed mushrooms (prior to stuffing)?
Most mushrooms are already clean when you buy them from the shops, but considering the majority of mushrooms are grown in manure fertilizer/compost – it’s best to give them one more wash before eating…
- Fill a bowl with water then add a splash of vinegar.
- Drop the mushrooms in the bowl then lightly rub using your fingers.
- After washing put the mushrooms into a salad spinner to dry them (if you don’t have a salad spinner you can use paper towel or leave them in a warm sunny place to dry).
Did you know that tasty mushrooms are one source for vitamin D, and that you can naturally multiply their levels by exposing them to sunlight? https://fungi.com/blogs/articles/place-mushrooms-in-sunlight-to-get-your-vitamin-d
In this stuffed mushroom recipe, I’ve chosen a nice contrast of colours.
BlackGarlic STUFFED MUSHROOMS RECIPE: Capsicum (red pepper) Peas & Corn with Black Garlic puree, Tomato chutney & a drop of Chili sauce.
- 2 Large mushroom
- 1 tbsp Black garlic puree
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Chlli sauce
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Red capsicum, chopped
- Remove the mushroom stem and dice.
- Add all the stuffed ingredients with the diced mushroom stem in a blow and mix well.
- Stuff the mixed ingrendients into the mushroom.
- Wrap in a foil & grilled for 5 – 6 mins on each side
Quick to prepare, Easy to cook & Super versatile – try and create your own recipe using the ingredients in your fridge.
→ Want to see more Black Garlic Recipes: Check out our Youtube Channel