4 Delicious Black Garlic Recipes – Chicken Salsa, Stew & Lamb Fajitas
Aged garlic is also known as black garlic – Its healthy, delicious and incredibly easy to use. Simply add a few cloves chopped finely or spoonful of paste into your next meal, alternatively try one of our healthy recipes.
1. Chicken, celery & walnut with lime mayo
Chicken, Celery and Walnut with Lime Mayo
- 400 g chicken fillets or thigh, diced
- 2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly broken
- 20 g black garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken in a flying pan with olive oil, then allow to rest for 4 minutes on paper towel.
- Mix the chicken, celery, black garlic, walnuts and chives.
- Stir the mayo, lime and pepper together then pour over the chicken mix.
- Tumble well and serve immediately over shredded lettuce or mixed leaves.
2. Red Capsicum, Aged Garlic & Mixed Vegetable Stew
Red Capsicum, Black Garlic & Mixed Vegetable Stew
- 1/2 tin diced tomatoes
- 200 g red capsicum, chopped
- 150 g red onion, chopped
- 125 g peeled carrot, chopped
- 125 g celery, chopped
- 25 g black garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, chopped with seed in
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper, powder
- Bring the tomatoes and stock to the boil.
- Add the other ingredients except for the parsley, coriander and pepper.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check to see whether the vegetables are cooked after 25 minutes.
- Add the parsley, coriander and pepper. Cook for another 5 -7 minutes and serve.
3. Chicken with Corn Aged Garlic and Mango Salsa
Chicken with Corn Aged Garlic and Mango Salsa
For the chicken
- 400 g chicken fillet or thigh
- 100 g mixed baby lettuce leaves
- 20 cooked asparagus tips
- 1 cup cooked unpeeled potatoes diced
For the salsa
- 1 cup mango flesh, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, tin
- 1 very small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small chili, finely diced
- 20 g black garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard seed oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces, cook then set to one side.
- Divide the lettuce leaves into four plated.
- Top with equal amounts of a asparagus, potatoes and chicken.
- Make the salsa by combining all ingredients and stirring well.
- Spoon the salsa over the salad ingredients and serve immediately.
4. Marinated Garlic Lamb Fajitas
Marinated Garlic Lamb Fajitas
- 500 g lamb strips, cut thinly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mexican spices
- 20 g black garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cup lettuce shredded
- 2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 medium salad tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 wheat tortillas
- Marinade Place oil, vinegar, Mexican spices, mint, onion flakes, chili powder and black garlic into a small blender then whip into a paste.
- Pour over the lamb strips and stir to coat the pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better).
- Tip the strips onto a hot flat plate BBQ, spread over the plate and cook by tossing and lifting the pieces.
- Allow them to brown, which will take around 5 - 6 minutes.
- Spray the tortillas with oil and very quickly on the open char grill.
- Assemble the fajitas with equal amounts of lettuce, carrot and tomato – top with lamb and sour cream.
- Roll and eat.